Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Living In His Light

David Fischer 1 John 1:6-7- "If we claim to have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the Truth. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin."

Good morning everyone and welcome to Friday! This week that actually means something to me for I am off the weekend and can enjoy a little bit of down time as school is almost back for the next semester. Please keep my family in your prayers as my Princess had to go visit her Uncle in the hospital this weekend as he fell and is not in very good condition. Prayers for him that he would be healed, prayers for my Princess to come home safely, and prayers for me as most of you know that I don't function very well without my bride. Lol!

My brothers and sisters, this passage this morning is one of conviction and Truth. You get the impression from the directness of the message from John that there were those who were claiming to be a follower of Christ, but yet were still living in the darkness and conducting themselves in accordance with the world and not with the Truth of Christ. I'm afraid to say that I see the same thing today and it truly saddens my heart. I see countless examples on a regular basis of people that label themselves as a Christian, yet seek out the dark lifestyle that they always have lived. Now this is different that trying to live for Christ and falling, we all do that, Amen? But what John is talking about here is people that claim to follow Christ, yet make no attempt to live for Him and His ways. My question this morning is, are we liars this morning as John describes here, or do we walk in His light? Are we a Christian by title only, or have we truly given Him our hearts and are trying with everything we have to walk in His light? God knows our hearts so we need to start with being honest to that question.

My friends, if you have never truly given your heart and life to Christ, please do so now! There is no ritual you have to go through, simply just pray in your heart that you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, that you believe with all your heart that He died on a cross in Calvary to take your place and redeem you from your sinful ways, and that you will now live for Him and not the world. Once you do this, and truly mean it, you can finally walk in His light and escape the darkness that you now are living in. The blood of Jesus will purify you from all your sins, isn't it about time you gave it all to Him? If you made this decision today, please let me know. God Bless everyone and have a great day in the Lord! :)

Your Brother in Christ,
Pastor David

No comments:

Post a Comment